School-aged children across America will be home for the summer. Now is the time to create a safe, age-appropriate, and fun space where they can rest and relax, be crafty and creative, laugh and learn! Looking back, I fondly recall spending my summers visiting relatives, sleeping in, and reading the Nancy Drew book series. Think back…what do you remember about your childhood summers?
It is important to create indoor/outdoor living that the whole family can enjoy.
Here are some ideas to help you:
· Create a cozy reading nook by adding a bean bag, soft area rug and book caddy to a well-lit, quiet corner.
· Create a game station by storing favorite board/card games and puzzles in a stylish bins on a bookshelf.
· Pack a grab and go pool bag in your car trunk for fun in the sun. Include: sunscreen, goggles, floating device, hat, sunglasses, and a towel.
· Sort sports gear for quick access and no-fuss clean-up by investing in a ball cart, peg board and command hooks. Be sure to include an air pump and helmets for safe riding.
· Set-up a snack zone stocked with cold yogurt, string cheese, chicken or turkey breast and dried fruit, nuts, popcorn or pretzels and a fun water station with cool cups and a sharpie, ice water infused with lemon/lime and along with fun straws.
Be sure to share your Summer Spaces with us by tagging us in your photos #ZhooshDecor. One lucky space will be featured in our July 2023 blog as Zhoosh’s 2023 Summer Space Hero.